logging-dev mailing list archives

From Dominik Psenner <dpsen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [log4net] release 2.0.9
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2018 16:16:32 GMT

> Hi
>
> by now I've dusted off the old VM that I used to build 2.0.8 (at leat
> the Windows part of it), installed .NET Core SDK 1.1.7 in order to be
> able to deal with the csproj files (2.0.8 has been using json projects
> with .NET Core 1.0 preview3).
>
> After some tweaks I am able to build a distribution if this is the route
> we want to go.
>
> After upgrading some dependencies and adding a few others "dotnet test"
> passes for me on Windows.
>
> There still are lots of version conflicts that we probably want to
> reolve first. Unfortunately I have no clue how to resolve them correctly
> so that we figure out the minimal versions required to make things work
> on .NET Standard 1.3.

That's great news. Please try the feature/cd-pipeline branch, there I may
have
already fixed all of this. But since this does not work on CI it's not yet
merged
into develop.

> On 2018-01-08, Dominik Psenner wrote:
>
> > There are also a few things that I absolutely see not ready for 2.0.9:
>
> > - add support for the netstandard-2.0 target; the way how netstandard-2.0
> > target was added drops the tests for netstandard-1.3 and that's far from
> > how it should be
>
> I don't see netstandard 2.0 support at all? Are you talking about
> something you would have tackled if time allowed?

There's another feature branch for this and an issue that tracks the
progress.

> > At the moment I've little to no spare time to get all this work done
> > and do the release. Is there someone out there who offers his/her
> > help?
>
> I'm willing to help with experiments and procedural stuff but probably
> won't find the time to contribute much beyond that.

That's already a lot! Thanks for looking at it.

--
Dominik Psenner