logging-dev mailing list archives

From Dominik Psenner <dpsen...@apache.org>
Subject [log4net] release 2.0.9
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2018 21:44:58 GMT
Hi,

quite some time passed by since we last made a release and there are a few
issues that have been fixed and should be shipped as part of a release. So
this is my call for help.

There are a few things on the to do list:

- check jira for issues that can be closed as won't fix
- check jira for issues that make sense to be part of the next release and
qualify as "easily fixed"
- check jira for issues that have been resolved and where "fixed version"
is not 2.0.9
- check the tests against the netstandard-1.3 target; looks like they've
not been run by the build scripts during the last release and I've a bad
feeling there might be dragons. Ideally we finish the build pipeline to get
a better feeling
- prepare the codebase for a release
- properly test the release
- make the release

Please note that this checklist might not be complete at all.

There are also a few things that I absolutely see not ready for 2.0.9:

- add support for the netstandard-2.0 target; the way how netstandard-2.0
target was added drops the tests for netstandard-1.3 and that's far from
how it should be

At the moment I've little to no spare time to get all this work done and do
the release. Is there someone out there who offers his/her help?

Best regards
--
Dominik Psenner