logging-dev mailing list archives

From Dominik Psenner <dpsen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [log4net] release 2.0.9
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2018 18:41:39 GMT
On 20 Jan 2018 7:27 p.m., "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

On 2018-01-20, Dominik Psenner wrote:

>>> That's great news. Please try the feature/cd-pipeline branch, there I
>>> may have already fixed all of this. But since this does not work on CI
>>> it's not yet merged into develop.

>> After merging the fix to the NAnt build so that .NET 2.0 compilation
>> works I've been able to build that branch. The test result on Windows:

>> ,----
>> | NUnit Adapter 3.9.0.0: Test execution complete
>> |
>> | Total tests: 91. Passed: 85. Failed: 0. Skipped: 6.
>> | Test Run Successful.
>> | Test execution time: 3.8648 Seconds
>> `----
>
>> So it seems the test errors you see in CI don't happen on my Win7 build
>> VM.

> The .net 2.0 tests should not be broken, as far as I am aware of. Do you
> mean netstandard-2.0?

https://github.com/apache/logging-log4net/commit/
c9b9382bdae5c745d4b26fe32425fbbf0b0dfd7c#diff-482325462bbb88c7212c1b047c5da7
39

Building .NET 2.0 (not standard or core, good old .NET framework) was
broken.

I see. I wonder why the build worked on ci. Btw, have you noticed that the
head of develop failed in ci? I'm currently on my phone only and therefore
cant figure out why.

> CI does fail with testing netstandard1.3, which would be the target
> runtests-netstandard-1.3. Were you able to run the tests against all
> targetted frameworks?

Not sure what "all targetted" frameworks means. The quote above is from
running the .NET Standard tests using .NET Core SDK 1.1.7 on Win7. I
tested this by changing into the log4net.tests dir and running "dotnet
test".

That's roughly what the runtests-netstandard-1.3 target does, too.