logging-dev mailing list archives

From Dominik Psenner <dpsen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [log4net] release 2.0.9
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2018 18:10:06 GMT
On 20 Jan 2018 6:47 p.m., "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

On 2018-01-15, Dominik Psenner wrote:

>> Hi

>> by now I've dusted off the old VM that I used to build 2.0.8 (at leat
>> the Windows part of it), installed .NET Core SDK 1.1.7 in order to be
>> able to deal with the csproj files (2.0.8 has been using json projects
>> with .NET Core 1.0 preview3).

>> After some tweaks I am able to build a distribution if this is the route
>> we want to go.

>> After upgrading some dependencies and adding a few others "dotnet test"
>> passes for me on Windows.

>> There still are lots of version conflicts that we probably want to
>> reolve first. Unfortunately I have no clue how to resolve them correctly
>> so that we figure out the minimal versions required to make things work
>> on .NET Standard 1.3.

> That's great news. Please try the feature/cd-pipeline branch, there I
> may have already fixed all of this. But since this does not work on CI
> it's not yet merged into develop.

After merging the fix to the NAnt build so that .NET 2.0 compilation
works I've been able to build that branch. The test result on Windows:

,----
| NUnit Adapter 3.9.0.0: Test execution complete
|
| Total tests: 91. Passed: 85. Failed: 0. Skipped: 6.
| Test Run Successful.
| Test execution time: 3.8648 Seconds
`----

So it seems the test errors you see in CI don't happen on my Win7 build
VM.

The .net 2.0 tests should not be broken, as far as I am aware of. Do you
mean netstandard-2.0?

CI does fail with testing netstandard1.3, which would be the target
runtests-netstandard-1.3. Were you able to run the tests against all
targetted frameworks?