logging-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [log4j] MongoDB Appender changes heads up.
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2018 03:18:48 GMT
The changes are both binary compatible and behavior compatible. The new
code kicks in only if the NoSqlAppender node contains a MessageLayout
child, which was not possible before.

I also added some code to test against an embedded MongoDB instance by
using code from de.flapdoodle.embed.mongo. This all works from Eclipse and
from my Windows command line but Jenkins is having some trouble it seems.

The code from de.flapdoodle.embed.mongo requires Java 8 so I am using a
special JUnit test suite to run the code with a JUnit Assume that only runs
the suite on Java 8 and above.

But for some reason, when Jenkins compiles the MongoDB tests it complains
about byte code versions 52 vs. 51. It might be the case that the MongoDB
tests will need to be compiled with Java 8. Not sure yet...

Gary