logging-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject [log4j] MongoDB driver 2.x vs. 3.x
Date Sun, 21 Jan 2018 22:56:44 GMT
Hi All:

As I am working through https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-2205
to migrate from 2.x to 3.x APIs in the module log4j-mongodb, I am concerned
that the changes are large enough as to break some older apps. I am sure I
wouldn't hear about it until my customers complain.

Therefore, I think I would like to:

- create a new module log4j-mongodb3
- rename the existing module from log4j-mongodb to log4j-mongodb2

I know that we are having an active discussion about new modules in the
main repository so I'll hold off on log4j-mongodb3.

What I do wonder though is if renaming a module is a problem.

Gary