logging-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [log4j] MongoDB driver 2.x vs. 3.x
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2018 19:12:06 GMT
On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 11:43 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 5:22 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>
> wrote:
>
>> If the mongo 2 and mongo 3 Java 9 module names are going to be different
>> then their package names must unique. JPMS requires that a Java package
>> reside in only one module.
>>
>> As a general rule, if you change the artifactId the package name should
>> be changed as well.
>>
>> I agree that it is probably best to allow both to coexist.
>>

> Check and will do.
>
> I have the MongoDb3 plugin sitting on my machine in a new module. For now,
> I'll rename the current plugin to "2", and rename everything related
> tomorrow (package, artifact ID, Java 9 module name, and so on.)
>
> Tracking here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-2209
>
> I want to see where "The Shape of Log4j" email thread is going. I'm still
> looking for a plan... ;-)

OK, so the log4j-mongodb to log4j-mongdb2 work is done (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-2209).

Weaving back to "The Shape of Log4j" thread, I have a log4j-mongdb3 module
that I am ready to commit and use. It seems natural (for now) to put it
right next to log4j-mongdb2. I'd like to continue the other thread to
define some plan moving forward for where to put what and how to
synchronize development, releases and so on.

Than you,
Gary