logging-general mailing list archives

From Dominik Psenner <dpsen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache log4net 1.2.14 based on RC1
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 22:05:08 GMT
Hi guys,

Thanks for your patience and thanks for the efforts you put into this to
get another release out of the door!

So far I've re-checked the website and it looks better now. The SDK
reference looks different now but that doesn't bother me. The old format
had some broken encoding and the current SDK reference is a improvement
from that point of view. However, there are a few things that might be
worth fixing. The following lists these ordered by priority+effort:

* In the SDK reference have some images gone missing or look odd:
 ** Item.gif
 ** SyncTOC.gif
 ** ExpandAll.bmp
 ** CollapseAll.bmp
* Clicking on Community/Issue Tracking or Community/Mailing List brings up
http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/log4net/site/issue-tracking.html,
respectively
http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/log4net/site/issue-tracking.html. On both
of these sites new menu items appear under Project Documentation:

   - Continuous Integration
   <http://people.apache.org/%7Ebodewig/log4net/site/integration.html>
   - Source Repository
   <http://people.apache.org/%7Ebodewig/log4net/site/source-repository.html>
   - Project License
   <http://people.apache.org/%7Ebodewig/log4net/site/license.html>
   - Project Team
   <http://people.apache.org/%7Ebodewig/log4net/site/team-list.html>
   - *Issue Tracking*
   - Mailing Lists
   <http://people.apache.org/%7Ebodewig/log4net/site/mail-lists.html>

These items have a different indentation and both "Issue tracking" and
"Mailing Lists" is also listed under "Community".

Please note that both of these are not blockers and definitely just nice to
haves. The rest of the website looks just great! Good work! For now I'll go
to bed. But if all goes according to my plans, tomorrow evening I'll take a
look at the binaries. I won't check the issue tracker if there are issues
worth to be fixed as I will not have the time to fix them.

To everyone out there who has patches ready, please bring them forth within
the next 24 hours and I will take a look at them. I would prefer a patch
sent to log4net-dev, but attaching it to a JIRA issue is fine by me too.
The only must have is that the patch must apply safely to the current trunk
and should be easily code-reviewable / tested with unit tests.

Good night and read you soon

--
Dominik Psenner