logging-general mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <rem...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Log4j Audit 1.0.0 released
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2018 10:48:31 GMT
 Blogged: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Log4j Audit 1.0.0 released : Apache Logging Services

|  |
[ANNOUNCE] Apache Log4j Audit 1.0.0 released : Apache Logging Services

Please share on social media!
Thanks,-Remko
    On Saturday, June 23, 2018, 1:31:26 AM GMT+9, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:

 You could always wait until Monday to post it to get more views. :)
On 22 June 2018 at 11:28, Remko Popma <remkop@yahoo.com> wrote:

I should be able to blog this announcement tomorrow morning but now it’s bedtime for me.
:-)

(Shameless plug) Every java main() method deserves http://picocli.info

> On Jun 23, 2018, at 0:39, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>
> The Apache Log4j  team is pleased to announce the Apache Log4j Audit 1.0.0 release!
>
> Apache Log4j Audit provides a framework for defining audit events and then logging them
using Log4j. The framework focuses on defining the events and providing an easy mechanism
for applications to log them, allowing products to provide consistency and validity to the
events that are logged. It does not focus on how the log events are written to a data store.
Log4j itself provides many options for that.
> Log4j Audit builds upon Log4j by defining its own AuditMessage. An AuditMessage is a
container for structured data messages which allows a log message to be generated that contains
a set of keys and values. The AuditMessage passes through Log4j as any other log event would.

> For complete information on Apache Log4j 2, including instructions on how to submit bug
reports, patches, or suggestions for improvement, see the Apache Apache Log4j 2 website:

--
Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>