logging-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Log4j2 - combining .properties and .xml config files
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2018 13:25:47 GMT
You can do this today. See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/manual/configuration.html#CompositeConfiguration
<http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/manual/configuration.html#CompositeConfiguration>.

> On Aug 6, 2018, at 5:55 AM, Fröstl, Christian <christian.froestl@accenture.com>
wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I just wanted to know if it is planned to combine different logging configuration in
the future, or if it is still possible today?

> Example:
> - Base logging configuration is a log4j2.xml from the classpath
> - Logging could be extended by adding new loggers to the .properties files
>
> Could this be a valid case in the future of log4j2 or is there a strict separation between
.properties and .xml files? (or even properties and JSON files)

> Thanks and greetings,
> Christian

of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. Your
privacy is important to us. Accenture uses your personal data only in compliance with data
protection laws. For further information on how Accenture processes your personal data, please
see our privacy statement at https://www.accenture.com/us-en/privacy-policy.