logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Alef Arendsen" <a...@smarthaven.com>
Subject Objects iso String not working with socketserver???
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2001 23:21:31 GMT
Hi all,

I previously wrote an email saying I really appreciate the encapsulation of
Objects in the LoggingEvent instead of the rendered String. Well, I still am
happy with this, but there's one slight problem. The socketserver doesn't
seem to work with this. While using a custom appender and systeming.out the
classname I get a perfect home-made classname if I don' use the socketserver
in between, but if I do use it, I only get the String out of it... Too bad.

question: is it planned that the socketserver is going to be updated or do I
just have to modify it myself (after which I can send you the code, what I
do not really like, because I already have RSI :))...

We really do need it and might have some interesting code to submit if it's
all going to work...

thnx for any info,

Alef Arendsen
SmartHaven