logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: System.getProperty("line.separator")
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2001 20:16:08 GMT

Yes we probably should. On the other hand, it should not matter because HTML does not care
about "spaces". So having \r, \n, \r\n or nothing should be equivalent from an HTML browsers
point of view.

Again, if the goal of inserting \r\n into the stream is lisibility, then  System.getProperty("line.separator")
is a good suggestion. I am in favor of the change. Ceki

ps: By the way, Layout.LINE_SEP already contains the value of System.getProperty("line.separator").