logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <...@qos.ch>
Subject Full backward compatibility
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2001 21:43:54 GMT

Hi everyone,

I have started restoring full backward compatibility between 1.0.4 and the future 1.1. This
task consists of restoring the setOption/getOptionStrings methods in all appenders and layouts.
These methods will be marked as deprecated. The good thing is that restoring these methods
does not seem to cause problems with the new beans based configurators. Regards, Ceki

ps: Anders, would you like to help doing this boring chore? For example, you take net/ and
xml/ and I take the rest?

I hope to see you at my ApacheCon 2001 presentation
entitled "Log4j, A Logging Package for Java".

See http://ApacheCon.Com/2001/US/ for more details.

----
Ceki Gülcü          Web:   http://qos.ch
av. de Rumine 5     email: cgu@qos.ch (preferred)
CH-1005 Lausanne           ceki_gulcu@yahoo.com
Switzerland         Tel: ++41 21 351 23 15