logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Chassande-Barrioz Sebastien <Sebastien.Chassa...@inrialpes.fr>
Subject Request for modification in log4j
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2001 20:35:23 GMT
Hi,

We have a product that can be also used on embedded systems, but we cannot
use log4j on embedded systems. We also developed an api to abstract any
implementation of a log system. Behind this api we want to plug log4j and a
specific system log we implemented. Therefore I am writing the wrapper for
log4j, and I have the following problem:
Our wrapper includes an extension of the Category class. Your documentation
describes how to use a personnal Category, but I didn't find how to change
the type of the root Category. I think the constraint is imposed this
declaration in Category class :

static public final Hierachy defaultHierachy
	= new hierachy( new RootCategory(Priority.DEBUG) )

I would like to know if it's possible to remove the "final" in this
declaration and if you would considerer this feature be integrated in the
future release of your product ?

Best regards,

Seb
--
Chassande-Barrioz Sebastien
Engineer - INRIALPES - SIRAC/SARDES Team