logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Chassande-Barrioz Sebastien <Sebastien.Chassa...@inrialpes.fr>
Subject Request
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 09:55:32 GMT
Hi

I previously send to a request for a modification in Catagory class. I'm
afraid that I didn't explain enough our problem. We want to extend the
Category class as it's described in your documentation. The aim of our
extension is to add an interface to the Category Class. To do it, I wrote
- a MyCategory class that extends the Category class and implements our
interface,
- a MyCategoryFactory that implements the CategoryFactory
Indeed we would like to keep a log4j standard package, and provide a wrapper
between our interface and the log4j product. So I have the following problems:

1/ When I configure the rootcategory in the properties file, all children
(all MyCategory instances) don't inherit the rootCategory properties(
Appender list, Priority). Can you say us why there is no inheritance
between the rootCategory and our MyCategory ?

2/ During tests I noticed that our extension isn't used for the root
Category. Indeed the type of the root category is chosen by a constant
defined into the Category class. Is it possible to change the instance of the
rootCatgory ?

I don't know if the first problem is an effect of the second problem.

Best regards,
Seb
--
Chassande-Barrioz Sebastien
Engineer - INRIALPES - SIRAC/SARDES Team