logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: cygwin
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2001 21:00:16 GMT
At 18:18 20.07.2001 -0400, you wrote:
>At 06:16 PM 20/07/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>>Colin,
>>
>>As for cygwin, what type of problems are you encountering?
>
>I spent a bit more time with it, and got the execution of the tests mostly working.
>
>I had some issues with setting up the classpath. Normally cygwin automatically creates
mappings like /cygdrive/e/whatever/whatever to access something on drive E: for example. On
my system, I had issues when I tried to use java with a classpath that had junit pointed to
in this fashion, and had to use the form e:\whatver\whatever or e:/whatever/whatever in the
classpath. Makes sense I guess, since the java executable knows nothing about cygwin. Same
goes for the path separator in the classpath. I first tried the unix ':', and  it didn't seem
to like that, but got ok results with the Windows ';'.

Yes, you have to use \; as the classpath separator when launching java programs under windows.

>Now I can run the tests, but I still do get some failures, and I don't have enough time
right now to see if it is still something to do with the execution environment, or actual
code issues...

It depends on the failure. Real failures should stop the tests. You might see some warning
messages but they are usually expected and part of the tests. If you see the tests stop then
you have a real failure.

--
Ceki Gülcü - http://qos.ch