logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Mohan, Shashi" <smo...@road-inc.com>
Subject Warnings during initialization
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 05:22:24 GMT
Hi,

We're using log4j in a project that requires that logs should be sent to 5
different log files based on some criteria. Also because of some other
requirements, I extended the FileAppender class to create my own appender
called SdcDailyRollingFileAppender. I have used 5 instances of this appender
during configuration with each appender pointing to a different log file.
During configuration, I get the following warning message:
	log4j:WARN File option not set for appender [RA_ERROR].
	log4j:WARN Are you using FileAppender instead of ConsoleAppender?
	log4j:WARN File option not set for appender [RA_OPERATION].
	log4j:WARN Are you using FileAppender instead of ConsoleAppender?
However, the warning only occurs for these 2 appenders and not for all 5
appenders (All of them are pretty much the same except for file names). I
have attached the configuration file below.

Can anyone please explain why I'm getting these warning messages. Also these
warnings do not occur if I use DOMConfigurator (and XML config file), but
since our IT department does not want to use XML configuration files, I'm
stuck with the plaintext configuration file.

Thanks,
-Shashi Mohan