logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Yuan Lisa (NET/MtView)" <Lisa.Y...@nokia.com>
Subject RE: write log to different files
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 18:42:44 GMT
-----Original Message-----
From: ext Khandelwal, Anupam [mailto:AZKhandelwal@directv.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 2:54 PM
To: 'Log4J Developers List'
Subject: RE: write log to different files

Hi,

How do I specify filters in config file..

Does anybody have the format of xml config file..
[Yuan Lisa (NET/MtView)]

Please refer to
\jakarta-log4j-1.1.3\src\java\org\apache\log4j\xml\test\test6.xml ~
test10.xml for config file format with filter.

If somebody can send it, I would really appreciate..

One more thing.. I want the file to be rotated for log messages after
particular file size.. Which appender to use and what changes do I need
to make in my xml config file..
[Yuan Lisa (NET/MtView)] Replace FileAppender with RollingFileAppender.
Check out example at
\jakarta-log4j-1.1.3\src\java\org\apache\log4j\xml\examples\sample4.xml.

Thanks for the help..

AK