logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Bushman <...@traxel.com>
Subject Re: LoggingEvent Serialization
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 00:11:17 GMT
First, brute-force pass is complete. For those interested
in seeing the general concept, i've posted it. Fair warning,
it's pretty ugly. Much polishing before I submit it formally.

http://traxel.com/tools/LoggingEvent.java

The method of interest is customReadObject( ObjectInputStream )

Note: I altered the indentation of the whole file. Hope
I haven't offended anyone, but it's according to the Sun
standard, which is what I'm used to, and what the Log4j
FAQ states is preferred.

Note: Made timeStamp not final, so it could be read
from the data stream and assigned.

Note: Made loggerName not final, so it could be read
from the data stream and assigned.

Note: Does not yet support version independance.

Note: There will be significant changes before the
next version, which I anticipate will be incompatible
with this rough draft.

Note: Nothing is documented yet.

WARNING: This is *not* bug tested.