logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Cristiano" <c.bellofi...@arsretia.net>
Subject DOMConfigurator and Xerces problem with new versions.
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2001 18:39:06 GMT
I read in FAQ:

<<The DOMConfigurator is based on the DOM Level 1 API. The DOMConfigurator.configure(Element)
method will work with any XML parser that will pass it a DOM tree.
The DOMConfigurator.configure(String filename) method and its variants require a JAXP compatible
XML parser, for example Xerces or Sun's parser. Compiling the DOMConfigurator requires the
presence of a JAXP parser in the classpath. >>

But I have a problem!

If I use a xerces version 1.2, it's all ok,

but if I use a xerces version 1.4, it fails with those errors:

log4j: Using URL [file:./classes/log4j_config.xml] for automatic log4j configuration.

log4j: System property is :null

log4j: Standard DocumentBuilderFactory search succeded.

log4j: DocumentBuilderFactory is: org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl

log4j: URL to log4j.dtd is [jar:file:/C:/lib/log4j/log4j.jar!/org/apache/log4j/xml/log4j.dtd].

Warning: validation was turned on but an org.xml.sax.ErrorHandler was not

set, which is probably not what is desired.  Parser will use a default

ErrorHandler to print the first 10 errors.  Please call

the 'setErrorHandler' method to fix this.

Error: URI=jar:file:/C:/lib/log4j/log4j.jar!/org/apache/log4j/xml/log4j.dtd Line=24: Element
type "log4j:configuration" must be declared.

Error: URI=jar:file:/C:/lib/log4j/log4j.jar!/org/apache/log4j/xml/log4j.dtd Line=35: Element
type "appender" must be declared.

Error: URI=jar:file:/C:/lib/log4j/log4j.jar!/org/apache/log4j/xml/log4j.dtd Line=36: Element
type "param" must be declared.

My xml file start with:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j='http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/'>

  <appender name="JDBC" class="com.klopotek.utils.log.JDBCAppender">

I think the problem is on dtd verification,

can I disable that? Or can I solve the problem?

Thanks,

   Cristiano