logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Incze Lajos <in...@mail.matav.hu>
Subject Re: Test Classes
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2001 23:03:41 GMT
On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 02:51:16PM -0800, Fox Stephen wrote:
> It is my opinion that the test classes and example
> classes in the log4j distribution should live in a
> separate directory tree from the production level
> distribution.

I'd like to second this. In the jakarta commons project there are
"java" and "test" source trees. The eclipse dev. environment
complained, too that some classes under org/jakarta/log4j/test
belong to package org.jakarta.log4j. They need to belong to there
(as use package private methods) but eclipse complaining is
also understandable: if you can put the source files wherever you want
and just use the package directive the refactoring features become
really complicated. With separating the java, test or e.g. examples
source trees the directory structure and the package directives
can be in synchron what makes things cleaner - and not only
for the IDE.

incze