logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Bushman <...@traxel.com>
Subject Re: Version Safe LoggingEvent Serialization
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 03:34:47 GMT
In reading this post, I find it very confusing.
A simpler explanation is:

1. Compile all three classes and add them to your 1.2 jar file.
2. Create a jar containing *only* UnitTestLoggingEvent.class
   called "unit-test.jar".
3. export CLASSPATH=unit-test.jar:junit.jar
   NOTE: Do not add "." or log4j.jar to your classpath.
4. java org.apache.log4j.test.UnitTestLoggingEvent