logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From 436766129...@maxonline.at
Subject SUGGESTION: How to set the time field in org.apache.log4j.spi.LoggingEvent
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 09:11:38 GMT
We use log4j to process logging events even from not-java sources (C, ksh etc)
using our own interfaces (XML, MQM...).

Unfortunately we are not able to specify the time field in LoggingEvent
with the originated time of the (external not java) log-event.

Instead the time field is set in the constructor of LoggingEvent, when
the instance of the LoggingEvent Object is created, which in the worst
case can differ many hours from the time the log-event was originated.

What we like to to is this:

    callAppenders(new LoggingEvent(fqcn, this, logTimeOriginated, level, message, t));

Therefore we are in desperate need of a second constructor for LoggingEvent
which takes the "originated log time" in millis.

How do You think about it???

Best regards,
Christian Kedl

--