logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Farquhar <sc...@atlassian.com>
Subject Re: Question!
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2002 01:55:03 GMT
1. Post-log processing / GUI:

http://traxel.com/lumbermill/
http://www.puppycrawl.com/chainsaw
http://www.servidium.com/site/logfactor5/index.html

2. Alerting to errors:

Why would you want to have to parse the logs for this?

Either use SMTP appender:

http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/api/org/apache/log4j/net/SMTPAppender.html
or use FileAppender & HTMLLayout
   http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/api/org/apache/log4j/HTMLLayout.html

If none of those work - you can create a custom appender to do the work
for you in real time.  If you are worried that your processing may be
complex (for example updating a remote database & sending emails), use
the Async Appender:

http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/api/org/apache/log4j/AsyncAppender.html

Cheers,
Scott