logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Hewlett" <hewnas...@cinci.rr.com>
Subject RE: Question!
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2002 02:38:29 GMT
Thanks Scott I am checking out the LogFactor and LumberMill
right now.

I have another problem don't know if anyone could help. I am
running Apache and Tomcat 3.2.2 with log4j on Solaris 8 and it
works out great. When I run LoadRunner against it Tomcat does
a core dump around 74 users. I am going to try and read the
core with GDB but I know nothing about that (First time).
I am asking for help in tweeking Apache or Tomcat to handle
a large load. My application queries for say 1000 image textual
links per user and that takes about 2 secs per user but when
we crank LoadRunner it takes a little longer and Tomcat cores...
It is processor intensive and all the image data is stored in
session. When that user performs another query we go run that
query and stuff that into session and display those in window
with their previous query (So we dont have to query again for
the same info).

Thanks,
Rob