logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: Serialization performance
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 21:47:34 GMT
At 20:18 26.03.2002 +0100, you wrote:

>Hmm, there ain't much feedback to check if the reciever actually
>understands what is beeing sent, so I guess it is not possible.
>
>BTW. is it possible anyway for a 1.1 version to speak to a 1.2 version?

Yes. A log4j 1.1 client can send to a 1.2 server and vice versa.

Can you please supply more details about your performance tests?
How fast are the machines? How are they connected? What happens
when the client and server are on the same machine? Can you provide
actual figures? Thank you. Ceki

Ceki

My link of the month: http://java.sun.com/aboutJava/standardization/