logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: FYI/PATCH: Log4j bug masks part of Orion's stack traces
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 22:24:36 GMT
At 20:18 26.03.2002 +1100, you wrote:
>Hi Ceki,
>
> > It's a privilege to have one of the JSR47 experts on this list.
>
>Ahh, thanks for the sarcasm. :-) I always thought of myself as an
>"expert" rather than an expert.
>
> > Thanks for the bug report. I have just added two new print
> > functions in ThrowableInformation.VectorWriter can you let me
> > know if this solves the problem with Orion?  I appreciate it, Ceki
>
>I haven't tested it, but by the look of the code it won't work, because
>Orion calls print(String) rather than print(Object) or print(char[]).

OK, I thought I had added the print(String) method and apparently
I had not, although it has been added now.

>Also, VectorWriter still doesn't fully implement the PrintWriter API, so
>it's still buggy. You've just papered over the cracks...

For reasons you can understand I am not particularly fond of parsing
lines. The existing code of VectorWriter would not win a beauty contest,
I'll admit that. Can you please let me know if my recent commit solves
the problem? Thanks. By the way, I very much appreciate the quality of
your bug report, if all bug reports were like that.

--
Ceki
My link of the month: http://java.sun.com/aboutJava/standardization/