logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Womack <mwom...@bevocal.com>
Subject RE: An alternative JTable
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 18:48:51 GMT
>2) apply the filters on e. If e is filtered out, then no further
>processing is necessary. Otherwise, insert e into B, then invoke
>fireUptadeTable() method.

One feature of Chainsaw that I really like is the ability to retroactively
apply a filter to received events.  So, if you don't have a buffer that
contains all of the events, this current feature will be much less useful.
All of the events will not be present for the new filter.  And I find it
really useful when trying to track stuff down.

Also, per Oliver's comments about Chainsaw already supporting multiple
SocketAppender sources, duh.  Yeah, I knew that. I don't know why I thought
it didn't support it.  But support for different LoggingReceivers and some
way to add/remove sources would make a strong addition.

thanks,
-Mark