logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Womack <mwom...@bevocal.com>
Subject RE: [SUBMIT] ServerSocketAppender.java
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2002 21:47:51 GMT
How about SocketHubAppender?  Given that there are many different ways to
implement a server or hub, I think the word socket needs to be in there
somewhere.  But I'm open to just about any name that makes sense.

-Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Ceki Gülcü [mailto:ceki@qos.ch]
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 1:43 PM
To: Log4J Developers List
Subject: Re: [SUBMIT] ServerSocketAppender.java

Mark thank you very much for the contribution. Can we come up with another
name?
The names ServerSocketAppender, SocketAppender, SocketServer are too close
and are sure confuse users. Maybe HubAppender or RelayAppender?

I'll add it after we find a name. Thanks, Ceki

At 13:17 25.03.2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Enclosed is a new version of ServerSocketAppender.java which fixes a bug
>found in the previous version, most notably the ServerSocket was not being
>closed when the appender was closed.  Also added some LogLog debug
>statements and changed some of the exception handling.  Please use the
>enclosed version, not the earlier version.
>
>If you have any questions, please let me know.
>
>-Mark
>

>--

Ceki

My link of the month: http://java.sun.com/aboutJava/standardization/