logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Endre StĂžlsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: Making object rendering more extensible
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2002 12:13:47 GMT
On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 qding@csc.com wrote:

| I use two appenders: one ConsoleAppender and the other JMSAppender
|
| log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, A1,A2
| log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.net.JMSAppender
| log4j.appender.A2=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
|
| Right now, as I understand, the priority for both appender is Debug.  How
| can I set JMSAppender's priority = Error, and ConsoleAppender's priority =
| DEBUG
| Is there a way?

I also wonder about this, but not enirely in the same context.

This because I would like two log files, one for "production logging", and
one which I can turn up and down in debugging. A real "trash file", kind
of..

The thing I'm doing now is to use two loggers.. One for "tracing", and a
couple of others for "production logging".. This is not the best
solution..

--
Mvh,
Endre