logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Samuel Jackson <samijack...@yahoo.com>
Subject Chainsaw improvements
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 20:27:16 GMT
Hi,

I'm interested in doing work on Chainsaw.  At my last
job at Intel I developed a trace system similar to
log4j (writing/appending to a log file or sending UDP
trace messages) and created a UI for monitoring the
UDP messages or loading/saving trace files.  My UI
system had dynamic filtering by error levels and
modules.  In addition it had user defined color coding
for the different files (each trace message could be
sent with a module and file name).  It also grouped
error messages into a tabbed pane that was deliniated
by the sending IP address or file.

If there is any interest in this sort of thing I would
like to get involved.

thank you,

Sam Jackson