logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject LogFactor5 donation + CVS branches
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 15:39:08 GMT

Hi,

The paperwork for the donation of LogFactor5 is now complete and we
are ready to add LogFactor5 source code to our CVS repository.

Many thanks to Thoughtworks Inc. for their contribution and to Brad
Marlborough for following through with the paperwork.

I do not think we should ship LF5 with log4j 1.2 (final) which should become
available within the next few days. At the same time, it would be a waste to
wait until 1.3 is released in order to include LF5. It is also quite likely
that we
would need to incorporate bug fixes into log4j 1.2 without waiting for 1.3 to
come out. Consequently, after 1.2 final is released, I propose that we create
a 1.2 branch in CVS while continuing to develop for 1.3 on the main trunk.
Is everyone OK with this? Do you have a better idea?

--
Ceki