logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Womack <mwom...@bevocal.com>
Subject RE: LogFactor5 donation + CVS branches
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 16:09:08 GMT
Ceki,

I think a 1.2 branch is a good idea.  That way the main branch can accept
whatever changes are needed for 1.3, however small or extensive they might
be.  The pain with that is checking bug fixes into 2 places, but worth it, I
think.

Regarding LF5, excellent!  Many kudos to Thoughtworks!

Have we discussed how we are going to package and ship the client?  Does it
make sense to include all of it in the current log4j jar?  Maybe it should
be it's own jar?  That way, "server-side" installations of log4j are not
bogged down with a bunch of extra code that will never be used in that
environment.

-Mark