logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Douglas <Mark_Doug...@systemsunion.com>
Subject RE: [Vote] LogFactor5 Donation
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 07:28:03 GMT
The more the merrier I say :)

We then have a choice as to which we use (chainsaw or LF5).

+1

-----Original Message-----
From: Ceki Gülcü [mailto:ceki@qos.ch]
Sent: 11 April 2002 23:22
To: Log4J Developers List
Subject: [Vote] LogFactor5 Donation

Hi all,

Brad Marlborough recently proposed to donate LogFactor5 to the log4j
project.
Are we as a community interested in this contribution? LogFactor5 seems
sexier
than chainsaw but sex appeal is not everything. On the other hand,
I am sure there is a lot to lean from studying the code if we don't adopt
lf5 as is. It
all depends on the developers who assume charge for the gui extensions for
log4j.

Having talked Oliver Burn (the author of chainsaw) on the issue, I view the
donation
quite favorably. So here is my +1. Oliver? Others?

--
Ceki