logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Goran Abramovic" <Goran.Abramo...@intellect.be>
Subject Exception handling
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 08:46:07 GMT
Hi all,

I have created couple custom appenders that I attach to my logger. My
appenders extend AppenderSkeleton class, and implement append method. My
question is, why append method does not throw any checked exceptions in
the method signature? Sometimes I would like logger to be able to
recover or do something else if exception occurred in the appender.
Right now I am using an unchecked exception to achive that, but I have a
strong feeling that it should be a checked exception.

Thanks,

Goran

P.S. Please let's don't turn this discussion into age old argument:
checked vs. unchecked exception.