logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "sudhakar tadepalli" <sudhaka...@hotmail.com>
Subject Hot log only message without class name.
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 21:37:04 GMT
Hi ,
I have configured log4j for my project and developed a wraper class as
log.java by using Logger.java
ex.
public static void debug(Class source, String msg) {
		init();

		Logger log = Logger.getLogger(source.getName());
		log.debug(msg);

	}
public static void debug(Object source, String msg) {
		Log.debug(source.getClass(), msg);
	}

If use these methods I need to pass class and message as parameters.If i
just want to pass only message how to overload debug method.?
I tried like this.

public static void debug(String msg) {
		Log.debug(msg);
	}

I have used like this in my test class.

Log.debug("Test message");

But result is: "Test Message.Test Message"

Why it is doing like that.Have any idea?

Thanks.
Sudhakar