logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Dag Liodden <lo...@liodden.no>
Subject Possible contributions to ChainSaw
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 16:08:53 GMT
Hi eveyone!

This is my first attempt to contribute to the development of log4j (or
any Jakarta project), specifically ChainSaw. I have rewritten parts of
chainsaw to:

1. Show categories in a tree and filter them according to selection
2. Distinguish log events from different hosts (also shown in the tree)

Before I do more work on it, I am just wondering if this is something that
could be interesting, and if it would be possible to implement this in the
source tree (I'll post patches). The changes are at least very useful to
me... :)

BTW: As I mentioned, this is my first ever contribution. I've read the
guidelines and I hope this is not a breach of volunteer protocol. :)

Cheers,

Dag Liodden

--
Giant Leap Technologies AS