logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From <mwom...@apache.org>
Subject log4j-sandbox options
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 07:13:17 GMT
I think we should discuss some options for the log4j-sandbox:

1) Are there any other items we want to move from the core log4j cvs into
the log4j-sandbox cvs?  Classes from the varia package?  Move the
contributor directories?

2) Should the log4j-sandbox packages be released independently of the core
log4j package or "in sync"?

3) Should the log4j-sandbox be released as a single jar or as a package of
jars?

<my-opinions>
1) I think we should move the contributors directories over.  In this
regard, I would like to optionally allow contributors to create build.xml
files to build their code, and have those build scripts called from a target
in the main build script.  Whether we move over the varia package...I don't
know.

2) I think it should be released independently.  There is nothing in the
sandbox right now that requires any features from v1.3, so why not release
it when we are happy with it?

3) It depends.  There is a 'core' set of 'official' sandbox classes.  If we
move over the contributors, and build scripts are submitted, we might want
to have those build into a separate jar.
</my-opinions>

-Mark