logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Harald Kaada <hagle2...@yahoo.no>
Subject Log4J in MS Visual J++
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 18:17:58 GMT

Hello,

Have any of you tried to use log4j with MS Visual J++ 6.0.

My little test program compiles without problem, but fails with java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
during execution.

Here is the test program:

public class Class1
{
 public static void main (String[] args)
 {
  org.apache.log4j.Logger test = org.apache.log4j.Logger.getLogger("mylogger"); // program
dies here
 }
}

According to the "Available packages" list under Project -> "Project" Properties ->
Classpath, the packages should be available.

Note again that this compiles successfully. The generated .class file runs without error using
java.exe (Sun JDK 1.4.1)

I'm sorry that this is a bit Microsoft specific, but I assumed this was the best place to
ask.

Regards,

Harald Kaada

Ny versjon av Yahoo! Messenger
Nye ikoner og bakgrunner, webkamera med superkvalitet og dobbelt så morsom