logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <peter@realityforge.org> (by way of Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>)
Subject Avalon Facade moved to Log4j?
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:26:13 GMT
Hi,

Would you consider adding in the following facade to Log4j? In Avalon we
already have one such facade but in the past several people have had problems
due to version mismatches etc. What we would like to do is allow the user to
use version X of Log4j even if another part of avalon is using version Y. To
do this we can separate out the facade to live with Log4j and load things in
different classloaders.

Anyways the class should not need maintanence of any sort and if it ever does
I will do it for you. I will setup gump to build it nightly for you. The only
thing really needed is just to make sure when you build a distribution that
it is included in the dist.

This work for you?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

|   "I have never let my schooling interfere      |
|   with my education." -Mark Twain               |