logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: Avalon Facade moved to Log4j?
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 22:32:00 GMT
On Thu, 1 May 2003 08:13, you wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Thanks for the clarification.
>
> The new avalon dependency will break the gump build of log4j. Have you
> given the issue any thought?

In theory (I think I made Avalon optional) the avalon dependency wont break
log4j as such - it just wont be built in the gump run as it stands. However I
know how to fix that - Essentially I create a bootstrap-avalon-framework that
jakarta-log4j depends upon and then create an avalon-framework project that
depends on jakarta-log4j. I can do this over next week.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
The big mistake that men make is that when they turn thirteen or fourteen and
all of a sudden they've reached puberty, they believe that they like women.
Actually, you're just horny. It doesn't mean you like women any more at
twenty-one than you did at ten.                --Jules Feiffer (cartoonist)