logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: AsyncAppender in log4j
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 02:26:56 GMT

Hi Ram,

You can attach multiple appenders of any type to an AsyncAppender. An
AsyncAppender can be attached to a logger like any other
appender. Whenever a loggine event needs to be logged, the event is
handed to the AsyncAppender which buffers it and returns control to
the caller. A separate dispatcher thread inside the AsyncAppender will
process the events in the buffer by calling all the appenders attached
to the AsyncAppender. The event is then removed from the buffer.

This is also explained in the complete manual. I have included a
couple of pages as an attachment. I hope this helps,

       https://www.qos.ch/shop/products/clm_t.jsp