logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: RFC Complient SyslogAppender
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 21:40:22 GMT

Hi Hermod,

Many thanks for contributing RFCSyslogAppender.java and accompanying
RFCSyslogQuietWriter. I have carefully looked at these files as well as
RFC3164 and would like to incorporate your contribution into the existing
SyslogAppender. Given that I do not have access to a Solaris machine and
cannot test Solaris specific code, my inclination is to simply ignore the
Solaris specific parts when incorporating your contribution to the existing
SyslogAppender.

How strongly do you feel strongly about Solaris specific code?

       http://www.qos.ch/shop/products/clm_t.jsp