logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: [Chainsaw] new version moving into log4j-sandbox
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 19:38:33 GMT

Welcome to Paul and Scott!

My preference would be to have just one version of chainsaw
distributed with log4j 1.3. Moreover, I would really prefer to be able
to compile that chainsaw code with JDK 1.2 to obtain chainsaw.jar.

However, there can be a big difference between what I prefer and what
the developer(s) who actually do the work eventually decide to do. The
first rule in a volunteer shop is that the volunteers get to decide
what and how. This is probably the big difference between developing
at one's day job and developing at Apache. Developing for Apache
should be more challenging and more fun.

Some consider the search for consensus fun, while others do not. :-)

       http://www.qos.ch/shop/products/clm_t.jsp