logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Herve Quiroz <herve.qui...@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
Subject Source release
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 14:15:59 GMT
Hi,

I am the maintainer of the log4j port/package for FreeBSD and the policy
we want to enforce is to have each package built from source. Therefore,
we need only to fetch source files which is generally a smaller download
than the whole project archive.

In the log4j released archive, there are more than 4MB of apidocs which
may generated (as well as the JAR itself). I've been looking for a "source
only" release of log4j on the Apache/Jakarta website and I can't find any.

Are there other people that would find it useful ? If so, is it possible
to have to distinct archives (source/binary) per release of log4j (which
would mean smaller downloads in almost any case) ?

Regards,

Herve