logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Deboy" <Scott.De...@VirtualDesign.Net>
Subject RE: Busy Bees
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 16:42:50 GMT
Thanks - it's been a lot of fun and Paul and I have been able to build
on eachother's work and get some good functionality in there - Paul's
doing some great usability stuff as well (menus/accelerators, etc).

I wanted to bring up the fact that if people get a chance I'd like them
to go over the non-chainsaw package changes we've made that are in the
sandbox (specifically, I added an alternate constructor to LoggingEvent
and ThrowableInformation to get the reconstruction of loggingevents that
contained exceptions to not have the reconstructor's stack in the
throwable).

Last night I added save functionality - all events (even those filtered
out of the current display) for the selected tab get written to disk as
xml - an alternate fileappender.  Paul wrote the load capability - so
now you can get logging events in to & out of the UI as XML.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Womack [mailto:mwomack@bevocal.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 9:16 AM
To: Log4j-Dev (E-mail)
Subject: Busy Bees

Paul and Scott have been a couple of busy bees!  Glad to see it!
Unfortunately, I haven't had any time to get the latest stuff and build
it myself.  And this coming weekend is busy with family stuff.  So,
hopefully I can do it next week.  I also have not forgotten my other
tasks of applying the patches submitted.

Rock on!
-Mark