logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <paul.sm...@lawlex.com.au>
Subject Re: 1.3 Alpha Plan?
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:59:18 GMT
> 3) The internals of log4j are not yet stable. In log4j 1.3, log4j will use
> itself for its own logging, which means that there must a clear separation
> between log4j's internal logging space and the rest. We do not have that
> yet. This will be solved by log4j domains. Domains do not require much
> code. A better description of the problem will follow once 1 and 2 are
> completed.

I'm looking forward to checking out domains, they sound very cool.

> 4) Log4j needs to deliver management events to support various listeners
> and management operations.

I was actually planning on adding PropertyChangeListener stuff to the
Plugin side of things today.  On the LogManager side, what is our plan
here, perhaps I can help.

> 5) Log4j should be manageable by JMX.

This will be fun, JMX is amazingly useful.

> What else do you have in mind?

Nothing you haven't mentioned, just the timeline.  So 30 September is
the goal?

cheers,

Paul