logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: 1.3 Alpha Plan?
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:54:32 GMT

The desired goal is to release log4j 1.3alpha0 sometime this month.

Here is the current state if affairs from my viewpoint.

1) Joran is not yet complete even if very significant progress has been
made recently.

2) PatternLayout needs support from Joran to learn new patterns on the fly.
Joran should support PatternLayout's requirements within the next few days.

3) The internals of log4j are not yet stable. In log4j 1.3, log4j will use
itself for its own logging, which means that there must a clear separation
between log4j's internal logging space and the rest. We do not have that
yet. This will be solved by log4j domains. Domains do not require much
code. A better description of the problem will follow once 1 and 2 are
completed.

4) Log4j needs to deliver management events to support various listeners
and management operations.

5) Log4j should be manageable by JMX.

Points 4 and 5 can wait until after log4j 1.3alpha.

What else do you have in mind?

--
Ceki Gülcü

      import org.apache.Facetime;