logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: Spaces instead of tabs please
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2003 15:30:15 GMT

The code is ultimately formatted by jalopy. The idea is to minimize the
changes when jalopy is invoked.

If too many lines change with jalopy due to indentation issues and the
changes are committed, it is tedious to identify the lines containing
meaningful changes because they get drowned in silly indentation changes.

My previous message retains its validity. Where possible, please avoid
using tab characters for indentation.

At 10:49 PM 9/19/2003 -0400, Scott Heaberlin wrote:
>Couldn't this be accomplished with the jalopy xml settings?  Stripping
>tabs and replacing with n number of spaces?
>
>Anyways, the Sun standard specifies 8 spaces for tab stops.
>(http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConventions.doc3.html#262).
>I have always thought that to be rather large, and see most places using
>either 4 or 8.
>

>-Scott Heaberlin

Ceki Gülcü