logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: Problems with latest build.xml
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 13:19:21 GMT

Paul,

You are right the joran files were not included in the Ant build.

- Added joran files to the build.core target and the log4j.jar file.
- Added a lf5 specific build target.
- Removed chainsaw from build.core since chainsaw already has is own build
target, (No reason to build twice.)

Let me know if it does not work for you.

At 11:56 AM 9/22/2003 +1000, Paul Smith wrote:
>The fix, for me at least, is to change line 193 in build.xml in the
>build.core target:
>
>FROM:
>      includes="${stem}/**/*.java, ${stem}/xml/XMLLayout.java,"
>
>TO:
>      includes="${stem}/**/*.java, ${stem}/xml/XMLLayout.java,
>org/apache/joran/**/*.java"
>
>The rationale here is that the ${stem} is set to org/apache/log4j, which
>would be exclusive of the joran package (it's not inside log4j).
>
>I am happy to commit the change, but would rather discuss this first.
>
>Paul
>
>On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 10:40, Paul Smith wrote:
> > For some very strange reason, the latest version of build.xml (version
> > #1.75) does not compile/bundle the joran packages.  If I run:
> >
> > * ant clean
> > * ant build
> > * unzip -l log4j-1.3alpha.jar | grep joran
> >
> > I get nothing.  A visual inspection of the jar and the dist/classes
> > directory structure shows no joran stuff anywhere.
> >
> > For this reason I cannot compile and run the tests with this version of
> > build.xml.
> >
> > I cannot explain why this is happening just yet, as a diff between
> > version 1.74 and 1.75 doesn't show anything that jumps out at me.
> >
> > Can anyone verify this?  This was happening to me at home yesterday.
> > This morning at work I was using the 1.74 version and could run the
> > tests, doing an update and getting the latest from cvs means that I
> > cannot run the tests.
> >
> > Help,
> >
> > Paul Smith

Ceki Gülcü